“We’re like the senior class of the Dayton scene,” says Oh Condor bassist Alan Baker. An accurate description, I think. With ten years, 180+ shows, three albums, two EPs, and one name change under their belts, Oh Condor has more than earned the respect they deserve as Dayton’s alt-rock elder statesmen.
Read on for our interview and a giveaway!
Good morning, people! TGIF! Some news and info for you all:
If you’ve been wondering who the people behind The Lonely House are, we’ve put up a new bio page where you can see our b-e-a-u-tiful faces and learn a little bit more about us: (not)Lonely People.
There’s a lot going on this weekend and into Monday, so here’s a quick rundown:
- Tomorrow (Sat. Feb 25) is another BFD at Galaxy in Hamilton. It’s A Night of Art and Music with 3 local artists displaying their artwork and 3 bands playing. Just $5 to get in and join the party. Full details available here.
- If you’re from a more northerly direction, I (Alicia) will be heading to South Park Tavern in Dayton tomorrow night to hang out at Dayton band Oh Condor‘s EP Release party. I’ll be snagging interviews with those guys and Roley Yuma, so stay tuned for that later next week.
- On Sunday, the guys from Shoot The Glass Podcast will be broadcasting live from Galaxy at 6PM. These guys are hilarious and it’s going to be a good time, so come hang! Afterwards, head over to Wings on Brookwood for the best wings in Hamilton and some cold beer (or soda, if that’s more your thing).
- On Monday, we’ve got another awesome show lined up at Galaxy. Honah Lee will be stopping by from Trenton, NJ as well as Emily & The Complexes from Columbus, Mad Anthony from Cincinnati, and Hamilton’s own Yankee Go Home. This is one you don’t want to miss. Full details here.
- Also on Monday, I (Alicia again) will be a guest on the Salina Underground radio show, playing some tunes I’m into, talking about The Lonely House and music in Southwest Ohio. The new General Manager of Bogart’s will be there as well, and I’m excited to meet her and find out what they’re cooking up with all the renovations the venue’s undergone. Show starts at 7, and you can tune in online here. If you’re going to be at the Galaxy show or otherwise occupied during that time, it will also be available as a podcast later on.
So that’s what’s going down. We hope to see you sometime in the next few days! And as always, hit us up if you want to chat about anything!